Government Is Investigating Fake Universities

From August 27, 1911

GOVERNMENT IS INVESTIGATING FAKE UNIVERSITIES

GOVERNMENT IS INVESTIGATING FAKE UNIVERSITIES: Degrees Given Practically for a Few Dollars — Institutions That Sound Big on Paper but Shrink on Investigation — The Oriental University’s Odd Curriculum. (PDF)

These fake universities, sometimes called diploma mills, or degree mills, are still around and are still a problem. I occasionally see people in the news who have been exposed for their fake diplomas, like this guy in Philadelphia who used a fake degree to commit fraud. There’s even a blog about diploma mills in the news.

Possibly related articles:

11 comments

Written by David

August 23rd, 2011 at 10:00 am

Posted in Education,True Crime

11 Responses to 'Government Is Investigating Fake Universities'

1. Sir I got a degree from nicholson university if it’s university are real or fake .. Please help me sir.

anjum

8 Jan 15 at 5:14 PM

2. Is Nicholson University real or fake?

Thando

26 Jan 15 at 4:49 AM

3. i received associate degree online or that i pay 399 $ but my document is no any stamp from university or no any authorization stamp. so this university is fake or real. please helf me sir.

Narayan Ganesh

14 Feb 15 at 11:52 AM

4. i agent apply for bachelor’s degree program online in nixon university registration fees they want 600$ for registration charge so this university is fake or real.

Narayan Ganesh

14 Feb 15 at 11:59 AM

5. Absolutely Real.

Accredited in USA also in KSA & UAE.

D Smidth

15 Feb 15 at 10:05 AM

6. Nicholson University’s Degree program for “work experience” is fake. My uncle just received his “Degree” that he qualified for and it is just a series of printed certificates on glossy paper. The degree is not even signed in ink. Also, it didn’t have the State Department or embassy stamps as requested. After doing some research, I found out they aren’t accredited in the U.S.A. to issue anything….even their accreditations aren’t accredited. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam..

Denise

15 Mar 15 at 12:45 PM

7. I was thinking this is a Fake University but now i’m happy that i have received my documents today it took a bit late but finally Satisfied and Confirmed from my company they are approved and attested by Saudi Government itself

the ppl facing the issues they may wait for the documents it took me a bit long but i have them now

Abdelhakem

16 Mar 15 at 6:19 AM

8. Dear Denise are you sure this university (Nicholson)is fake.

Mian Farooq Ghafoor

17 Mar 15 at 10:25 AM

9. Dear Abdelhakem you are talking about Nicholson University? means this university is not fake and also Accredited in USA also in KSA & UAE.

Mian Farooq Ghafoor

17 Mar 15 at 10:32 AM

10. Assalam o Alaikum,
    yes Mian now i’m Satisfied with Nicholson University and surely will recommend my friends here

Abdelhakem

17 Mar 15 at 11:33 AM

11. Assalam o Alaikum
    Dear Abdelhakem which kind od degree you got from this university (MBA,Mster or any other)

Mian Farooq Ghafoor